Viernes Culturales is a surprising mix of old and new. We're still bringing you the classic favorites: Dancing under the stars. play dominoes, cigar rollers, Cuban cafecitos and mojitos. Art galleries and artist studios. The beautiful Domino Plaza filled with works by talented local artists and artisans and our free tour of Little Havana.
Viernes Culturales Events:
- Free Tour of Little Havana with legendary local historian Dr. Paul George (meet in front of the Tower Theater, 1508 SW 8th St.) at 7 pm.
- Art Fairs in Domino Plaza and SW 8th St. between 14th and 15th Avenues.
- Azucar Ice Cream is an artisanal ice cream and sorbet boutique. Inspired by South Florida's diverse cultures, our hot subtropical climate and a passion for sabor el sabor Latino, their ice cream confections just like abuela used to make, using the highest quality ingredients and a desire to bring smiles to all who enjoy it!
- Domino Competition in Domino Park
- Street Performers & Activities including the human statue and activites done by our sponsors at their individual booths, samplings etc.
- Salsa dancing on the patio of the Pub (16th Ave. & SW 8th St.)
- Explore art galleries and artist studios. Meet local artists and see galleries featuring both emerging and internationally known talent, with new exhibits at several local galleries, many of which also present live music during the festival.
- Enjoy a cigar at one of our tobacco stores or factories.
- Take a tango class and experience a tango "Milonga" at DAF Studio.
- Drink a mojito at CubaOcho or dine at one of our restaurants offering Cuban, Thai/Sushi, Uruguayan, Chinese or Spanish. Many places offer outdoor dining.
- Listen to live music in one of our many live music venues, including CubaOcho Art & Research Center, Alfaro's, Art of Freedom, Art District Cigars, Molina Gallery, Catharsis,GR Tabacalera, Top Cigars, and other venues, most open late!
When: 7 - 11 pm
Where: SW 8th St. Miami
Where: SW 8th St. Miami
(between 14th& 17th Aves.)
Viernes Culturales/Cultural Friday, Inc.
Futurama Building 1637 SW 8th Street.
Miami, FL 33135
Domino Plaza Stage: is on the south side (rear) of Domino Plaza (SW 15th Ave. & 8th St.)
Executive Director: Pati Vargas
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 12:00 am 4:00 pm
For more info, please visit Viernes Culturales Website.
Come stay with us at Florida South Beach Rentals, right on the beach!